Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Getting Back on Track

Ok, I am still struggling but I am holding my own in the war on weight. The stress I spoke of in my last entry is still a clear and present danger. Those of you who are trying to lose weight know what stress in your life can do to your weight loss program. Well I am fighting back so I’ve brought in the support troops, otherwise referred to as my wife. Earlier in my journal I mentioned starting or becoming a part of a weight loss group as a support mechanism. It helps when you can share with people who share similar stories and shore you up when you need it. In my case my wife is my support and including her in my program has yielded immediate results. She has motivated me to get up and exercise in the morning which is not me at all. I am an evening person. In any case she got me out to the Al Buehler fitness trail at Duke University . Now I have been there before but it is far from my favorite place to work out. It is a difficult work out that takes you through the woods, across streams, up and down hills in a torturous 3 mile trek. At least its torturous for me, a 51 year old baby boomer who hates running. But you should never under estimate the desire for an individual to look good in front of people whom they have a close relationship, especially someone of the opposite sex. At least that’s true for the male of the species. Well after that work out I felt great and I feel like I am back on track. And my wife is helping to make sure that I stay on track.

Next week I will start sharing with you some details of what my work outs are like. I’ll try to give you some idea of what each week is like for me.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home