Saturday, December 8, 2007

Tough Going

It’s a conspiracy! I am finding that trying to lose weight this time of year is really tough. Everything seems to be working against me. First because of daylight savings time by the time I get home it’s dark. The shorter days mean even less daylight to exercise outside, and since I don’t currently have a gym membership it’s a struggle to exercise regularly. Then comes Thanksgiving! Food is everywhere and everyone is eating. It’s not hunger that’s giving me trouble---it’s the cravings for those foods that I love like sweet potato pie, stuffing and all those other deliciously fattening foods. These are just some of the problems I am facing. You probably have your own. They maybe like mine or totally different. The thing is we all run into situations that challenge us when we attempting something difficult. Just don’t give up.

Solution: We all face challenges and we all fall short at some point. Just remember, you haven’t failed until you give up. If you fall off your diet just start again. It is just that simple. Find a solution that works for you. How do you do that? Well you don’t have to be alone. You can start or join a support group. Getting together in a group you can help each other. If you're like me and the weather is keeping you indoors and you don’t have a gym membership, find some exercises you can do in the privacy of your own home. If food is your problem then take care about the food you have at home. Food that is close to you will eventually end up inside of you.

Check out my website (http://www.healthylivingboomerstyle.com) for lots of good information and resources to help you with exercise and nutrition. You can even get the herbal supplements there that I use in my diet. These are just a few of my ideas. You may have some of your own. But remember don’t be afraid to reach out to others for help.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At May 18, 2008 at 12:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice post appropriate for any time of year. It is always hard to choose healthy instead of "fun" food in the spring, summer, fall, and winter!!

Thanks for the encouraging words.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home